- Tennis Ball Hide & Seek: a canister of 3 bright balls never did the trick so well! Grab a basket, dump the balls in (3 seems to be just the right #) and take turns hiding them in fairly obvious, even repetitious spots (why is it they like to find things in the same place?) Repeat 100 times.
- Water Table: a kitchen sink, sturdy step stool, empty dish soap bottle & bright colored wash cloth never occupied longer. Big plus: you can prepare lunch at the same time!
- Bath Pool: bath time in the morning beats the night, especially with pool toys to boot. Make tidal waves!!!
- Bake Bake Bake: play dough never had such a purpose. If you are like me and can’t handle the crumbs, mixed colors and smudged bits under everything, this is the BEST way to get your toddler into some dough and have the reward of purpose. Never underestimate the self-satisfaction of a 2 yr old making the afternoon’s sugar biscuits or the dinner’s pizza dough. Let them pour, mix, sift and knead!
- P.E: indoor physical education never made nap-time more appealing. Run around that circle in your house through the living room and around the kitchen, stopping off to hide before the little sweetie sees. Hop, skip, and twirl. Dance to your favorite musical. Don’t forget the costumes. (The Sound of Music & a long dress at the moment). We have a lot of rules in our house: shoes off at the door, no elbows on the table, shouting is for outside, but for chirpin’ crickets we JUMP ON THE BED!